WHAT IS GLUTEN & WHY IS IT BAD FOR YOU?
Gluten has a common use in breads, cakes, pizzas, pastas and cereals. Many of your favorite baked goods, like cupcakes, cookies, pies, loafs and so on contains gluten. Gluten is found in starchy families, such as grains, Wheat, Rye and Barley.
Is gluten really that bad for our body?
You see, gluten has literally no benefits or nutritions. As a matter of fact, it is very hard on your digestions and body.
Gluten is highly acidic. What is that mean and how does it effect the body? Well let's dive deeper into science. Our bodies are fully alkaline, with a pH of 7.35 to 7.45, and human stomach is extremely acidic with a pH of 3.5 or lower, now since our belly is acidic we should not consume acidic food and we must keep our bodies fully alkaline by eating and consuming alkaline food and drink tons of water. I recommend alkaline water, at the pH level of 9.5 💦
Danger of having a acidic body:
- Higher risk of cancer.
- More prone to allergies.
- Fatigue and low energy.
- Higher risk of obesity and having a hard time to lose weight or maintain your weight.
- Extremely hard on your digestions and takes days for your body to get rid of it.
Benefits of keeping your body alkaline:
- You will have tons of energy.
- Stronger more functional immune system.
- Your skin will look fresh, young and healthy.
- Your metabolism will be higher and it'll work properly.
- Easer to lose weight and maintain body certain body type.
We live in a modern world. There are tons of processed food out there, that are labeled as "healthy" so we have to be caution and careful by educating ourselves and ALWAYS reading the labels and ingredients of any products that we are purchasing.
Some gluten free products may also contain other substitute that could be as harmful as gluten. So always try to stick to plant-based, wholesome and organic products and ingredients.
Here are some gluten alternatives based on what you might want to use...
- Gluten free flours for baking: You could use Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Gluten Free Oat Flour, Chickpea Flour, etc... The best options and what we mostly use at our bakery is Almond, Coconut and Gluten Free Oat Flour which we absolutely LOVE. We also make our own almond and oat flour. Simply grinding regular gluten free oats and almonds in a high speed blender 👍
- Gluten free bread: There are many gluten free breads out there that you can find at your local grocery stores or online. I personally like to make my own healthy, gluten free vegan bread. Let me know if you would like me to share my bread recipes with you?
- Gluten free pasta: Please note, I am not sponsored by any of these brands, that I am about to share with you. This is just what I personally use at my house! My favorite, healthy vegan and gluten pasta noodles are; Ancient Harvest and Pow Pasta. There are literally made from either red lentils, quinoa or chickpea flour, and it is absolutely delish 🍝
There are tons of articles and books out there about gluten free foods, recipes and so on ... If you are interested, educate yourself some more on alkaline diets and foods, you will be amazed about the information and knowledge you will receive.
I recommend for you to try the gluten free life style for ninety days, and measure your mood, energy level and over all health of your body. I promise you will not regret it 😉
Give us your feedback and share your thoughts on this topic!
Leave a comment